Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Move it or lose it

It always happens when I am in a hurry. We were on our way to pick up my dad for a Costco trip.  (Being  out of coffee is a dangerous place to be in our house.  Our favorite is on sale $3 off at Costco now, FYI.  So I bought 3.  Yes I did. And I've been shaking all freakin' day.  Its been great!) Our schedule was a tight fit because we had gymnastics after that, and I knew they would need to eat, and, well,  you know how that goes.  Plus, we love Poppy time and I didn't want to be rushed.

I was making plans in my head while driving down the road, behind a FedX truck thinking, surely it'll go right.  Nope.  Turned left, just like me.  Dang it.  I inside grumbled (because you know the peanut gallery in the back seat hears, memorizes and repeats all the bad stuff) until we got to a really narrow bridge.  I know that bridge well, sadly, as one of our High school classmates lost his life there a few months ago.  It's a narrow bridge and up on a hill, so you can't see but only so far ahead of you.  They were also doing road work on this said bridge and there was no one directing traffic.  There was a car attempting to pass over the single laned bridge but it stopped seeing the big truck coming, of which I was behind.

It was then I was glad I was behind the big truck.  I forgot about being slowed down, getting to my next place.  I was thankful to stay behind the truck and safely pass over the bridge behind it.

It's like that waiting on Gods timing.  Waiting on him seriously slows me down.  I don't like it.  It stretches me, and it's just plain frustrating. But I know I am in good hands with him.  It's a dichotomy. Knowing he's good, yet knowing things aren't the way they should be.  God you are good, but why won't you fix this?  Already, not yet.

I have prayed the same prayer for years and years.  I told my mom the other day I was going to stop praying for this. God has heard me over and over and no change.  She said, "Oh no.  You just keep praying. You just ever know, Carla. Be the squeaky wheel with God." I want immediate results.  A quick fix.  A happy ending.  What I've learned is that God is just as much concerned in the process as the end result.  What if I was only given this prayer request to change me, not the situation?  (I do pray it's both though. And I can also assure you I am changed through this!)

So if you have prayers you've prayed over and over, sometimes through tears, hurting, frustration, bless your sweet heart as I am there with you.

But those who hope in the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; They will run and not grow weary, They will walk and not be faint.  Is. 40:31

Our hope is in the Lord.  Only he is strong enough to carry our hope.  Only he is the true hope. Everything else fades away eventually but God and his Word stand forever. Be encouraged.  Pray.  Pray through Scripture and know that a very good and gracious God hears. And cares. And delivers.

I vow to quit saying, "Move it or lose it" while driving, as my eldest said this to me the other day.  (At which i said, "say what chica?!) And I need to bow the head and confess my worried, anxious heart to a very good Father.  He's got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment