Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Wish is a Dream Your Heart Makes

Tonight at the dinner table, my littlest asks me, "Mommy, do wishes come true?"  Before I could say anything, the oldest pipes in, and this is what she said, "Well, sister, you know I am always looking for stars to wish on every night outside of my window.  But the stars, they don't just get there by themselves.  God gives us stars to wish on.  He puts them there in the sky for us to see.  And unlike what you think, he doesn't let you wish on just one thing.  You can wish on several things.  Like I have prayed for him to renew my spirit.  Then I prayed for him to give me a pet pig.  He will answer to renew my spirit, but I'm not sure if he will give me a pig.  So it's like that- if you ask him for something like wisdom or to clean your heart, he'll give it to you.  Not always other things."

There you have it, folks.  If you ever wanted to know how Cinderella, Disney, and Jesus are married together, I hope that cleared things up for you.  A wish is a dream your heart makes alright.  I probably should add we are never too old to dream.  We are never too old.  Never. Too. Old.  Age lives in your heart.  I hope mine stays half as alive as my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment