Friday, March 28, 2014

In Remembrance

I need to take a moment and reflect on a precious life, a reader of this blog, who is now with Jesus- my sister-in-law's mother. She was a regular reader and once told me she wished I would include pictures of my girls, of which I still have yet to do. If I do in the future, I will nod to this wonderful lady who not only encouraged me but encouraged the masses.

I first met her when my sister-in-law, her daughter, and I were planning our weddings. Her attention to detail was impressive, and she wanted the day to just be perfect. (I need to add that her husband had the same heart, but of course, let the two of them decide on the sparkles, crystals, and details.) She knew how to have a good time and enjoy those around her. I think I laughed the entire wedding reception because people like her have really great friends.

I watched her relationships grow through the years. She became a grandma, perhaps her favorite role yet. She named all of her grandson's toys by name. A particular giraffe squeaky was not "giraffe". She decided one day he looked like a Frenchman, so his name followed suit. That sweet two-year old boy called it by name and she would just throw her head back and laugh.

She got on the floor and played with both boys, who definitely had her heart. They kept those boys and loved those boys and lived for those sweet grandsons. She was the most loving grandmother one could find. As it should be.

She was a vibrant lady, with an infectious laugh, and a wonderful smile. An encourager. Full of energy and light. Everything she did she attacked with exuberance. Wherever it was, she carried an enormous amount of energy. She was small in stature and larger than life. An energizer bunny. She was beautiful and stylish and graceful. She amazed me with her stilettos at the baptisms and her dangle earrings around her grandsons. Fearless, graceful style.

Her smile filled up her face. Her laughter filled up a room. People in her presence couldn't help but be happy. We celebrate her life. We celebrate that she has met our Maker face-to-face. She is in a beautiful place that fits her well- positive, glorifying, uplifting, ever-shining, happiness.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tribute for a lovely lady. Sounds like an original Magpie. Praise God that you will meet again someday :)

    ReplyDelete