Saturday, March 23, 2013

What's that song?

There's music in your home. Music that plays all the time. If your house is like mine and a good song comes on, just about anything is worthy of dropping to dance, sing, and run towards the music. Just tonight one of mine stopped mid bite to run to the tv and literally break. it. down. They get it from their mama who just can't help it:). They got the gene!

Our prayer when we got married was to have a marriage that sings. As we've added to our family, the same prayer applies. Lord, may we sing for you. As imperfect, sinful, ugly our hearts are, make us sing. Of course, it's not that easy. Sometimes there are several songs playing at once. Like the classical variety where I want to hover (can I just have a moment, kiddos?), mixed with The Sofia the First theme song you just can't get out of your head (who else is totally mixed up with Tim Gunn as a butler?), sprinkled with a little bit of Matt Papa, and some "I wear your grandad's clothes. I look incredible". Usually the last type has some Zumba moves but that's a whole other topic.

Anyway, this is a blog to post what I'm doing, what I'm making, teaching, but mostly real life in our house, covered by God's grace, living. I've heard before the days are long but the years are short.
I believe it's true. And we're not on this earth forever. So Lord, make us sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment